Archive for the ‘magazine’ tag
Join workshop founder Kim Sunee, McIntyre’s Books founder Keebe Fitch, and an all-star cast of writers, editors, chefs, and cookbook authors for an evening of discussion about the state of food writing on October 13, 2010.
Fearrington House chef Colin Bedford will host a cocktail reception in the Fearrington House Garden Terrace from 4 p.m. to 5:30. Chef Bedford has finished writing two North American Relais & Chateaux cookbooks that are due out this fall, and he will be joined by culinary journalists from central North Carolina.
The two hour-long publishing panels will begin at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. Keebe Fitch will moderate both panels with these confirmed attendees:
- KIM SUNEE (workshop founder, magazine writer and editor, and author of the acclaimed memoir Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love and the Search for Home)
- FRANCES MAYES (Pictured, right. special guest of the Floating Island Workshops and author of Under the Tuscan Sun and the wonderful new book Every Day in Tuscany)
- SARA FOSTER (magazine writer and author of so many great cookbooks including a SIBA Best Book Fresh Everyday)
- SHERI CASTLE (a professional recipe tester and author of the forthcoming The New Southern Garden Cookbook
- RICA ALLANNIC (cookbook editor for Clarkson Potter, who worked with Andrea Reusing on the forthcoming COOKING IN THE MOMENT.)
- ANDREA REUSING (author and chef at Lantern in Chapel Hill, NC)
- LYNN ANDRIANI (a senior editor and the cookbook editor for Publishers Weekly)
- ANDREA WEIGL (Food Writer, The News & Observer and Member, James Beard Foundation Awards Committee)
DetailsMcIntyre’s Books Reception and Publishing Panels October 13, 2010 2000 Fearrington Village Center [map] Pittsboro NC, 27312 (919) 542-3030 Reception from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Panels begin at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.
Tickets $35 each, available at EventBrite