Archive for the ‘andrea reusing’ tag
Join workshop founder Kim Sunee, McIntyre’s Books founder Keebe Fitch, and an all-star cast of writers, editors, chefs, and cookbook authors for an evening of discussion about the state of food writing on October 13, 2010.
Fearrington House chef Colin Bedford will host a cocktail reception in the Fearrington House Garden Terrace from 4 p.m. to 5:30. Chef Bedford has finished writing two North American Relais & Chateaux cookbooks that are due out this fall, and he will be joined by culinary journalists from central North Carolina.
The two hour-long publishing panels will begin at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. Keebe Fitch will moderate both panels with these confirmed attendees:
- KIM SUNEE (workshop founder, magazine writer and editor, and author of the acclaimed memoir Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love and the Search for Home)
- FRANCES MAYES (Pictured, right. special guest of the Floating Island Workshops and author of Under the Tuscan Sun and the wonderful new book Every Day in Tuscany)
- SARA FOSTER (magazine writer and author of so many great cookbooks including a SIBA Best Book Fresh Everyday)
- SHERI CASTLE (a professional recipe tester and author of the forthcoming The New Southern Garden Cookbook
- RICA ALLANNIC (cookbook editor for Clarkson Potter, who worked with Andrea Reusing on the forthcoming COOKING IN THE MOMENT.)
- ANDREA REUSING (author and chef at Lantern in Chapel Hill, NC)
- LYNN ANDRIANI (a senior editor and the cookbook editor for Publishers Weekly)
- ANDREA WEIGL (Food Writer, The News & Observer and Member, James Beard Foundation Awards Committee)
DetailsMcIntyre’s Books Reception and Publishing Panels October 13, 2010 2000 Fearrington Village Center [map] Pittsboro NC, 27312 (919) 542-3030 Reception from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Panels begin at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.
Tickets $35 each, available at EventBrite
In about seven short weeks, fifteen talented writers will have the opportunity to hone their nonfiction skills with bestselling author Kim Sunee and meet/work with a host of celebrity authors and chefs at the Floating Island Workshops in Chapel Hill, NC. From Monday, October 11 to the 14th, attendees will receive professional critiques from Kim, dine and share stories with nationally renowned chefs, and more.
Workshop attendee benefits:
- 4 days of workshopping
- Catered lunch daily
- Special lunch at Chef Bill Smith’s nationally renowned Crook’s Corner Restaurant
- Roundtable Q & A with Frances Mayes, bestselling author of Under the Tuscan Sun, Bella Tuscany and most recently Every Day in Tuscany
- Wine tasting at Bonne Soiree with Chip Smith, Tina Vaughn and Damon Haynes
The $1,200 workshop fee includes the above features and events. To secure your spot, please fill out the online application and submit a 50 percent deposit.
Also, we have secured a group of rooms at The Franklin Hotel, in the heart of Chapel Hill, at a special room rate. The Franklin Hotel’s special room rate expires September 17, so register and book your rooms today.
In addition to the week’s workshop activities, Floating Island is also hosting a number of additional events, available on an a la carte basis around the city. Some of those events include:
If you have any questions about the workshop or any of the events, please contact us and we will be glad to speak with you.